Gua Sha 101 - Benefits of Facial Gua Sha
What Is Facial Gua Sha?
Facial gua sha is a gentle self-massage that uses a stone (Gua Sha) to help improve the complexion as well as detoxify the body. Detoxifying is due to the movement of the lymph system allowing them to move and get rid of the toxins. Our lymphatic system does not move on its own, making it that important to massage the entire body. Dry brushing is great for that, to read more about dry brushing check out this blog. The practice of gua sha involves slow, steady strokes that, both immediately and over time, can create the appearance of lift, tone, clarity, and brightness in the face.
Benefits of Facial Gua Sha?
Most studies that have been done for the benefits of gua sha have focused on body gua sha. If you googled gua sha you might have seen the bruised pictures, just know that your face will not become bruised as the pressure should be light and slow. Moving and massaging the face using a stone supports increased blood circulation. You should notice redness after your practice, keep in mind that that is good and wont last very long! With the increased blood circulation your collage production begins to increase leaving your skin plump and lifted. Practicing gua sha daily keeps the lymph system moving not allowing fluid building up and becoming stagnate. The stagnate fluid can result in blackheads, acne, wrinkles and puffiness. After about 2 weeks after continuous use your face will begin to look less puffy, tighter and less acne! To learn more about gua sha check out this post from Wildling Beauty breaking down and explaining more on each benefit. Click here
- Have clean skin and hands.
- Use at end of skin care routine after your moisturizer.
- Never practice on dry skin. Using a oil will allow the tool to slide on skin nicely not causing any pulling or tugging.
- If your have active acne breakouts, do not practice on your face as to not spread bacteria. DO practice just the neck area so that you can still get the lymph system moving.
- It takes time to feel comfortable doing it.
- You totally got this!!
- Always drink a glass of water after practicing to flush the toxins from the body.
- Breath, Relax and go low, it's a great stress reliever.
Want to learn more? Check out this post! And watch the YouTube Tutorial!
Podcast: Building a Business in the Beauty & Cosmetics Space
April 7, 2023Podcast Episode
Voyager Atl Interview : Rising Stars
Today we’d like to introduce you to Jennifer Tice.Hi Jennifer, thanks for joining us today. We’d lov